About this course
Design Thinking Bootcamp delivered on-site at Commons Campus in Melbourne.
The 3-day workshop will utilize lecture, discussion, case studies, partner content, and many opportunities for applied learning through facilitated activities.
This course is designed for professional’s keen to apply design led approaches to problem solving.
The program will run from 9AM-5PM each day.
All food and drinks are provided along with stationery and a design kit for each participant.
There will be a networking event on the opening night which participants are welcome to attend along with broader industry and guest speakers.
Each participant becomes a member of Commons Campus alumni network. This exposes them to industry updates, case studies, employment opportunities and events.
Benefits of completing this course
Learn interview and observation techniques that enable you to understand key human behaviors that guide design strategy
Develop the skill set you need to create strategic opportunities and solutions using design approach to business
Receive a certificate of completion from Parsons School of Design
- Approaches to human centered design.
- Design solutions for new products and business problems.
- Processes for creating strategic opportunities such as new ventures
- This is a key benefit of the program, a credential from Parsons is highly sort after.
Learn how to create a rich culture of creativity and continuous learning at your company
- This relates specifically to new ways of working which is hugely relevant given the major corporate transformations occurring in this region. Many corporate transformations have adopted Spotify’s approach to new product development which is human centred and design led
- This relates specifically to this quote we discussed “When design principles are applied to strategy and innovation the success rate for innovation dramatically improves. Design-led companies such as Apple, Coca-Cola, IBM, Nike, Procter & Gamble and Whirlpool have outperformed the S&P 500 over the past 10 years by an extraordinary 219%, according to a 2014 assessment by the Design Management Institute.”
Learn the key concepts and basics of strategic design and design thinking
- Strategic design is the application of future-oriented design principles in order to increase an organization’s innovative and competitive qualities. Its foundations lie in the analysis of external and internal trends and data, which enables design decisions to be made on the basis of facts rather than aesthetics or intuition. As such it is regarded as an effective way to bridge innovation, research, management and design.
Examples of Strategic Design Tools
- Collaborative design / Co-Creation
- Futures Envisioning
- Toyota A3 Model Canvas
- Business Model Generation Canvas
- Systems Mapping
- Lean Start-Up Methodology
In today’s complex, rapidly evolving global economy, business professionals and entrepreneurs must break away from conventional ways of problem solving in order to stay competitive and thrive. Having the flexibility and capacity for innovation means being able to not only react to problems but anticipate and transform them into advantage. These abilities are at the heart of strategic design, a groundbreaking approach that fosters the responsive skills professionals and entrepreneurs need to put big ideas into practice. Led by experts from Parsons School of Design, this immersive three-day bootcamp bucks traditional orthodoxies by providing diverse, integrated design approaches to business. Parsons' rigorous curriculum offers the fundamental tools, insights, and inspiration you need to tackle real-world challenges and ensure a resilient future. You learn how human-centered design strategies can be used to generate unexpected opportunities and solutions and promote a culture of creativity in your team.
Day 1 0/4
Day 2 0/4
Day 3 0/4